I think we all could agree that this year has been tough. We thought 2020 was bad but 2021 came around and showed us who was boss. After celebrating Christmas during a pandemic last year I think we should all know the ropes by now, in terms of what to do and what not to do, what to expect and what not to expect. I’ve been trying my best to remain positive and to focus on the lighter side of things and to talk and think more about the things I enjoy. One of those things is, of course, liqueur. No surprises there.
I’ve been thinking about which drinks I’ll be making this Christmas season, after all it’s the second Christmas we’re celebrating during this pandemic. I’ve come up with my top 5 favourite holiday drinks for 2021:
- Sorrel…. anything sorrel flavoured, Sorrel liqueur is at the top of my list, as well as sorrel rum punch and sorrel wine.
- Chocolate… another popular choice. I’ve been seeing Chocolate-flavoured ponche de creme, I don’t think anything could go wrong with this choice. I’ve been making Chocolate flavoured liqueur for quite sometime and it’s always a crowd favourite.
- Christmas punch, basically sorrel (again, yes) mixed with fruit juices and a dash or two of your favourite alcoholic beverage. The recipe for this IndelimeTT Christmas punch is on our recipe page.
- Buttered rum ice cream shake, I came up with this one after hearing someone mention it on a TV show I was watching. It’s basically, blended coconut ice cream, cinnamon, nutmeg, amaretto mio liqueur and butterscotch liqueur with a dash of rum (red rum preferably), add crushed ice and enjoy. The recipe for this IndelimeTT buttered-rum ice cream shake is on our recipe page.
- Trini-Irish cream, my own take on Irish cream. It’s made up of coconut cream (can you tell that I have a bias?), coconut condensed milk, cocoa powder, vanilla essence, coffee liqueur and whisky. See the recipe page for this recipe too.
I hope you give some of these drinks a try. I think you’re going to love them.
I wish each of you the very best for this season and 2022. May we all be blessed!